|We need your help, users! This article/section is a stub, meaning there is little information to fill its contents and needs more information to expand it upon. If you know any information taken from gameplay or strategy guides, you can help Arwingpedia's article by expanding it. Referenced sources are appreciated. Hurry users!|
|This page is currently undergoing maintenance. This may be due to out of date information or new information detailing from an upcoming or newly released game. Therefore, please excuse its incomplete and informal current state.|
- “Defeat waves of rampaging robots via hi-tech wall-mounted cameras in Star Fox Guard, a fun and frantic game that comes with the retail version of the Star Fox Zero game.
1. Planning is key. Set up your cameras to help protect Grippy Toad's mining facility.
2. Use your cameras to locate the robotic invaders and blast away!
3. Stay alert because you never know what menace might show up in your next mission.”
- —Star Fox Zero.com
Star Fox Guard is an upcoming spin-off Wii U puzzle mini game which also will be bundled with the upcoming Wii U game Star Fox Zero. Star Fox Guard will launch alongside Star Fox Zero on Wii U on April 22, 2016. A standalone digital version of the game can also be purchased through the Nintendo eShop for $14.99. Customers that purchase the digital version of either Star Fox Zero or Star Fox Guard will receive an automatic $4.99 Nintendo eShop discount toward the purchase of the other game, or it can be purchased in a bundle package with Star Fox Zero called the First Print Edition.
Tapping the corresponding camera on the Wii U GamePad controller will allow the player to see the entrances and shoot those walking and rolling robots down. But there are some robots that carry shields, trigger smoke bombs, or even steal the player's cameras. The objective is completing missions to level up, unlock more missions, and gain access to special cameras which are used to defend each facility. Robots are also able to be customized for VS modes.
During the latest Nintendo Direct, Nintendo announced Star Fox Guard, a new game from Shigeru Miyamoto. This isn’t the same game as Star Fox Zero, the traditional Star Fox game fans knew to be coming to Wii U.
During Nintendo Direct, Miyamoto introduced the game himself. Star Fox Guard is actually the finished game of a concept/tech demo Miyamoto showed at E3 two years ago called ‘Project Guard.’ It looks like development continued on ‘Project Guard’ over the years and at some point it became a Star Fox game. The game appears to be a type of Tower Defense game and, as Miyamoto explained, centers around Star Fox character Slippy Toad and his (newly introduced) uncle Grippy:
- “Slippy’s uncle, Grippy, is busy with the job of gathering rare metals in space, but is having trouble being attacked by all kinds of enemies. This is a game where you use Slippy’s newly invented security system to ward off these enemies. The player uses 12 cameras, setting them up in various locations to find and attack the enemies to protect the mining site.”
- —Shigeru Miyamoto
Miyamoto said there are about 100 missions in the game to complete. Beyond that, there is a multiplayer component, which sounds similar in concept to Wii U’s Mario Maker. It allows players to create their own stages that can be uploaded for others to play. It appears that there is a kind of level editor that allows players to edit enemy placements and patterns to create a custom mission, which can then be uploaded for other players. Miyamoto mentioned that the game features rare metals that would allow “new ways” to play the game, which are earned by uploading stages and playing stages uploaded by other players.
|Super Smash Bros. Series|
|Other||Cameos • Virtual Boy • Arcade • Wii • Dinosaur Planet (game)|