- “Hi Fox! I've been studying the mission and I think this will help you.”
- —Slippy Toad
In the game
When Fox breaks out of his prison cell and contacts Slippy to have the upgrade sent to him, the stone walls of the fortress provides too much interference for a clear transmission, therefore Fox must clear a hole in the nearby wind tower to receive this disguise. By using the C-Stick Inventory, Fox can then use this disguise to walk past an unsuspecting SharpClaw in order to regain the confiscated Staff.
SharpClaw soldiers and other enemies will ignore Fox, even the Sentry Bots within the area will not attack him when this disguise is on. However, he cannot attack enemies in this state, and the effect will wear off immediately if the player presses the B button. Fox can also lift and throw SharpClaw crates and Fuel barrels that have their logo on the front, as he cannot lift them without the disguise. Fox will be able to access areas that are barred by SharpClaw feetpads when wearing the suit.
- “Slippy cobbles together a very effective spell for Krystal's Staff - a disguise that will foolSharpClaw, robot or other enemy. The SharpClaw Disguise transforms Fox into a scaly lizard that can walk freely amongst his foes. He can also activate SharpClaw Pads and pick up Fuel Barrels and crates that are available only to SharpClaws. He cannot, however, wield his Staff while disguised. Cancel the disguise with [B] before attacking.”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 6
- This is the only Staff Upgrade that is not learned in a Staff Cavern.
- It is also the only Staff Upgrade that doesn't actually require the use of Krystal's Staff.
- The easiest way to tell Fox apart from other SharpClaws is that he still wears his rucksack. He is also a head smaller and thinner than his SharpClaw counterparts.
- General Pepper's report and the Prima guide claims that all enemies will ignore Fox when the disguise is in use, but certain enemies such as the RedEye tribe will still attack Fox even when wearing this disguise.
- Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Games/Adventure. Platform: Nintendo GameCube,™
|Main Characters||Fox McCloud • Krystal • Prince Tricky • Falco Lombardi • Peppy Hare • Slippy Toad • General Pepper • General Scales • Andross|
|Supporting Characters||ThornTail Tribe • EarthWalker Tribe • CloudRunner Tribe • SnowHorn Tribe • HighTop Tribe • LightFoot Tribe • SharpClaw Tribe • RedEye Tribe • Gradabug • ShopKeeper • MuscleFoot • Krazoa Spirits • Krazoa God|
|Bosses||Galdon • King RedEye • Drakor • General Scales • Andross|
|Enemies||SharpClaw • ShadowHunter • RedEye • EggSnatcher • BribeClaw • Snipluk • Kalda Chom • Brain Squid • PopTop • MushGus • Snaplak • Kooshy • Asteroid • Peeper • Bloop • FireBat • FireCrawler • Sentinel • Sentry • SharpClaw • Spore Pod • Venus Foxtrap|
|Locations||Sauria • Krazoa Palace • ThornTail Hollow • Ice Mountain • SnowHorn Wastes • DarkIce Mines • Volcano Force Point Temple • Moon Mountain Pass • Cape Claw • CloudRunner Fortress • Ocean Force Point Temple • LightFoot Village • Walled City • Dragon Rock|
|Navigation||Plot • Gallery • Videos • Script|
|Star Fox Adventures Items|
|Main Collectables||Scarab • Bomb Spore • FireFly • Blue GrubTub Fungus • MoonSeed • Fuel Cell • Krazoa Spirits • SpellStone • Staff Energy Gem • Bafomdad Holder • Cheat Token|
|Tools||Krystal's Staff • Hi-Def Display Device • Laser Upgrade • Smart Bomb • CloudRunner Flute • Dinosaur Horn • FireFly Lantern • P.D.A • Scarab Bag • Fuel Barrel|
|Health||Supply Ring • PukPuk Eggs • Dumbledang Pods • Bafomdad|
|Special Items||SnowHorn Artifact • Gold Bar • Alpine Root • Bridge Cog • Fire Gem • Fire Weed • Frost Weed • Light Gem • Meteorite • Rock Candy • Sacred RedEye Teeth • Tricky's Ball • White GrubTub Fungus • Wooden Block • Sun and Moon Stones|
|Containers||Container • Item Box • SharpClaw Crate • Basket|
|Keys||Gold Key • Moon Pass Key • SharpClaw Prison Key • Shackle Key • Power Room Key|
|Other||SharpClaw Speeder • SharpClaw Cannon • Rock • Scarab Wells • SpellStone Seal • Fuel Barrel Generator • Scarab Toll|