|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
Rock Gunners are starfighters manufactured in the weapons labs on Macbeth and utilised by the Venom Army's space fleets during the Lylat Wars.
Rock Gunners are brown, twin pod starfighters that tend to wait in ambush behind certain obstacles such as asteroids (hence the name). They have only been sighted in deep space areas. Rock Gunners were also launched by the Gorgon battle station.
- “Falco says to watch out when three Rock Gunner asteroids attack from the rear. hit the brakes, let the Rock Gunners zip ahead, then lock on the middle enemy and roast them all with a single laser shot.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 37
- “When you first reach the first Lock-on site shown, lock on the middle fighter in any formation to fry as many of the surrounding ships as possible with one shot. In some cases, you'll find items in the debris.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 38
In the games
Star Fox 64/3D
Rock Gunners were prominent at the Meteo Asteroid Field where they tailed Fox McCloud after the Star Fox team encountered the Flip Bots, until Falco Lombardi altered him to beware of them. With Butterflies, Vipers, Star Warriors and Venom Space Fighters, Rock Gunners were stationed at the Venomian air defence zone where they made up three defensive lines and were launched out of the Gorgon battle station.
Star Fox Zero
Rock Gunners reappear in Star Fox Zero under the name: Attacker III.
- Rock Gunners that accompany the Gorgon are not worth any Hit Points, but they may drop Supply rings behind.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.