- “Macbeth is the industrial key to Andross's military machine. If you liberate this planet, Fox, you will cripple his ability to produce weaponry. This is also the main launching point for the interplanetary cruise missiles Andross has been using to assault Corneria. Resistance fighters on Macbeth have information on a train that transports minerals and weapons from the mines and factories to Andross's main base and launching area. Although its route is well defended, derailing the train and stopping its shipment will be a crippling blow to Andross's plans.”
- —General Pepper's Flight Log, pg 76
Macbeth (マクベス), the third planet of the Lylat system, is a mineral-rich factory world. It is closer to the sun than any other planet in the system, and it served as the main industrial center for Venom during the Lylat Wars, supposedly because of its proximity to the toxic planet. It has been largely industrialized, with miners flocking to the planet.
Allegedly hollow after a geological event shrunk its core, Macbeth is still able to support life and is well known for containing a wealth of minerals. Home to a large population of miners, engineers, and scientists, travel to and from this planet occurs more often then any other, and it is a seemingly endless source of supplies, although conditions on it can be harsh at times. It has an advanced railway system.
- “Macbeth is well known as a mineral treasure house. The planet has a relatively large population of miners, who have recently been enslaved by Andross to manufacture weapons and supplies for his armies.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
- “Years ago Macbeth was the center of the aerospace industry for the Lylat System. Gifted scientists and engineers flocked to the planet to share knowledge and make staggering sums of money. Orders poured in and a consortium of companies worked long hours to meet the demand. While there should have been enough wealth for everybody, a handful of greedy CEOs tried to gather up all the power by betraying the consortium with hostile takeovers and leveraged buyouts. Capitalising on the confusion and brutal infighting, Andross invaded the planet, enslaved the scientists and set up weapon assembly lines.”
- —Lylat Datalink, The tragic tale of Macbeth, pg 81
Macbeth was once well known as a treasure house of raw minerals in the Lylat System, persuading colonies of scientists, miners and greedy business men to flock to the planet to mine and thrive on the materials, knowledge and make incredible profits making Macbeth the centre of galactic industry. As time went on, infighting started due to greedy C.E.Os trying to buy up everything with hostile takeovers and buyouts even though there was enough wealth to go around. Andross noticed the confusion and took advantage of the planet's grim situation, invaded and enslaved all the inhabitants to mine minerals, manufacture and assemble weapons and craft in his factories and weapons labs. After Macbeth was enslaved to Andross the inhabitants were forced to work as slaves supplying the Venomian Army with weapons of war (Including the feared Tripod fighters, which were designed and produced on Macbeth). It became the industrial key to the Venomian war effort and a launch site for interplanetary missiles launched against Corneria. A limited resistance force continued to fight for Macbeth's freedom until the end of the war. As a result of the takeover, a large percentage of Macbeth's Birnam Wood was cleared away for the Venomian Army's main Weapons Factory/Supply Base.
The Star Fox team attempted to liberate Macbeth and strike a crippling blow to the Venomian war industry. Fox McCloud, piloting the Landmaster, confronted a supply train protected by the bio-mechanical construct Mechbeth. Rather then destroying the machine itself, he was able to send the train it was attached to off-course towards the main supply depot by hitting the track switcher with assistance from Katt Monroe. Unable to slow itself in time, the train crashed at high speeds into the depot, setting off stores of weapons and fuel containers in a dazzling explosion. With the loss of its main production and fueling facilities, Venom was now open to direct attack by the Star Fox team through Area 6.
As of now, it is unknown what happened to Macbeth after the Lylat Wars, but it can be speculated by observing the fate of other planets that the damages were recovered from and the planet's system restored, although perhaps this time it would be more tightly controlled by the government on Corneria.
- Macbeth is named after the William Shakespeare tragedy of the same name.
- In the original Star Fox, Macbeth was colored red instead of green.
- Because Macbeth was not a target of the Anglar Blitz, it is nowhere to be seen on the Lylat Map in Star Fox Command.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Star Fox 1993; Instruction Booklet
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Eladard • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Secret Base • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Satellite Defense Platform • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|