|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
Hence then name, Killer Bees are fighters that strongly resemble the real world Killer Bees. It's speed is fast enough to make the lock on feature of a combat computer impossible, and in addition, it fires various rainbow beams at its enemies. They can be heard with their distinctive engines as they approach the Arwing, acting as an early warning. Each time they fire their weapons, the create a unique sound of high pitched buzzing. If they are destroyed quickly enough and by hitting the Brakes after destroying one, more Killer Bees will keep appearing until the Arwing has reached a certain point in its flight path.
- “As you probably know by now, it's impossible to get a lock on Killer Bees, so try to stay near the centre of the screen and make small adjustments as you shoot. Besides racking up four hits, you may also receive a Shield Ring for your trouble.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 45
- “Weave back and forth to avoid the Killer Bee's laser. Zap it for a gold ring.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 38
- “If you fail to open the warp, you'll head to the end of the sector. A Killer Bee flits in past the gate. Another Killer Bee will pop in from the right. Pop him for a Shield Ring.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 48
All lasers, fire!
- “Blast the Killer Bee and get a Shield Ring reward. If you destroy the first bee in time, another will appear here. Take it out!”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 103
In the games
Star Fox 64/3D
Team Star Fox, during the Lylat Wars, encountered several Killer Bees in the deep space areas of Lylat, all of them in the Meteo asteroid field, Sector X combat zone, and Area 6 defensive sector. The Killer Bees were destroyed and their descriptions added to the service receipt.
Star Fox Adventures
Another type of Killer Bee appeared in orbit around Dinosaur Planet, acting as hostile detergents for Fox's Arwing to contend with.
Star Fox Zero
Like most of the enemies in Star Fox 64, Killer Bees reappear in Zero, but without any changes to their name.
- The Winged Aparoid encountered during the events of Star Fox: Assault resembled these fighters.
- Some Bee Fighter enemies loyal to the Anglar army appeared in Star Fox Command, which resembled Androssian Killer Bees and also fought with similar attack patterns.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Main Characters||Fox McCloud • Krystal • Prince Tricky • Falco Lombardi • Peppy Hare • Slippy Toad • General Pepper • General Scales • Andross|
|Supporting Characters||ThornTail Tribe • EarthWalker Tribe • CloudRunner Tribe • SnowHorn Tribe • HighTop Tribe • LightFoot Tribe • SharpClaw Tribe • RedEye Tribe • Gradabug • ShopKeeper • MuscleFoot • Krazoa Spirits • Krazoa God|
|Bosses||Galdon • King RedEye • Drakor • General Scales • Andross|
|Enemies||SharpClaw • ShadowHunter • RedEye • EggSnatcher • BribeClaw • Snipluk • Kalda Chom • Brain Squid • PopTop • MushGus • Snaplak • Kooshy • Asteroid • Peeper • Bloop • FireBat • FireCrawler • Sentinel • Sentry • SharpClaw • Spore Pod • Venus Foxtrap|
|Locations||Sauria • Krazoa Palace • ThornTail Hollow • Ice Mountain • SnowHorn Wastes • DarkIce Mines • Volcano Force Point Temple • Moon Mountain Pass • Cape Claw • CloudRunner Fortress • Ocean Force Point Temple • LightFoot Village • Walled City • Dragon Rock|
|Navigation||Plot • Gallery • Videos • Script|