- “Husky unit, cover the base!”
- —Bill Grey
The Husky Squadron was a famous squadron of fighter pilots in the Cornerian Defense Force during the Lylat Wars. Home to the some of the most elite pilots to come out of the Cornerian Flight Academy, Husky Squadron was put to the test during Andross' invasion. The squadron was commanded by Bill Grey alongside the Bulldog Squadron. Because the beleaguered Cornerian Defense Forces were nearly exhausted from holding back wave after wave of enemy fighters, The Bulldog and Husky Squadrons needed the Star Fox Team's help to deal with a gigantic enemy mother ship, having been detected on its way to the planet.
Katina's Top Guns
- “Katina's Frontline Base is home to some of the best fighter jocks in the Lylat System, including the decorated pilots of the prestigious Bulldog and Husky units. Since veteran pilots are in short supply, these aces are a prized asset to the Cornerian Fleet. General Pepper will be very disappointed if you accidentally shoot one down.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 67
The squadron was stationed on the planet Katina when Andross struck, and though their Cornerian Fighters and training gave them superiority over the Venomian Invader II Fighters, sheer numbers threatened to overwhelm them. Luckily, the timely arrival of the Star Fox Team gave them the edge and the invasion force was destroyed, saving the planet and the squadron from destruction. The Husky Squadron was tasked with covering the base during Star Fox's involvement in the battle.
- “Try to shoot down as many enemy ships as you can before the mother ship arrives. Although you won't get points for them, shooting down ships from the Bulldog squadron won't affect your chances of getting a medal. When the mother ship arrives, destroy the hatches but leave the core until the last possible second. Spend as much time as you can destroying enemy fighters. Lock on to enemy targets as much as possible because you can get bonus hits that way. Even though it seems like there are many targets here, this can be a difficult mission to earn a medal in.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
- Husky Squadron, alongside Bulldog Squadron, made a reappearance in Star Fox Zero alongside Bill in the level Sector Beta. Their roles were similar, although they instead defended the Cornerian fleet from the Venomian forces.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Cornerian Army||Bill Grey • Captain Shears • Dash Bowman • Dog Soldiers • General Pepper • James McCloud • Krystal • Peppy Hare|
|Inhabitants||Beltino Toad • Grippy Toad • Vivian Hare • Vixy Reinard • Yaru de Pon|
|Companies||Bulldog Squadron • Cornerian Academy • Cornerian Defense Force • Corneria Precious Metals Ltd. • Free-As-A-Bird • G-Zero Grand Prix • Husky Squadron • Space Dynamics • Star Falco • Star Fox|
|Vehicles||Cornerian Assault Carrier • Cornerian Fighter • II • Cornerian Flagship • Cornerian Fleet • Cornerian Transport • General's flagship • Monkey Arrow • Pleiades-class Cruiser|
|Technology||AegisCam • Radar Sites Re-block • RE:BOT • Self-destruct program • Sentry Bot|
|Bases||Area 3 • Climate control center • Corneria City • Fichina Base • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Orbital Gate|