- “Use careful timing when hurling grenades.”
- —Peppy Hare
The Grenade is an explosive default weapon available in Star Fox: Assault.
The grenade does not work like other weapons. After being thrown it explodes after a short period of time. When the A or R button is held, the grenade will charge and therefore detonate sooner after throwing. Although the character must be careful for if they hold down the charge to long, they can be harmed by the grenades explosion. The character charging the grenade's throw will make a sound. The height of throwing the Grenade can be changed to accommodate strategy.
Official Site description
- “Grenade: This powerful projectile generates a blast radius of 12 feet. It is advised to remain a safe distance from this weapon when deployed.”
- —Grenade description on the official site.
Instruction Booklet description
- “Grenade: Press and hold the fore button to trigger a grenade, and then release the fire button to throw it.”
- —Star Fox: Assault; Instruction Booklet
- Star Fox: Assault; Instruction Booklet
|Guns||Blaster • Demon Launcher • Demon Sniper Rifle • Gatling Gun • Homing Launcher • Machine Gun • Missile Launcher • Plasma Cannon • Sniper Rifle|
|Explosives||Cluster Bomb • Fireburst Pod • Grenade • Sensor Bomb • Smart Bomb • Torpedo • Self-destruct program|
|Lasers||Arc/Curve • Hyper • Plasma • Single • Twin • Zapper|
|Reticle Locks||Charge • Multi Lock • Single Lock • Wide Lock|
|Other||Krystal's Staff • Booster Pack|