- “This is the Dinosaur Horn. If you find a Horn Pad on the ground, you can use this horn to call for help”
- —In-game description
The Dinosaur Horn is an ancient item found on planet Sauria in Star Fox Adventures. Fox McCloud finds it in a cave in DarkIce Mines, shortly after extending the second bridge by the use of the last three Bridge Cogs.
The Dinosaur Horn is a brass, coiled trumpet like horn
- “This artifact gives off a low tone that calls dinosaurs to your aid (when you blow it on a Dinosaur Horn Pad) and helps you complete a task one of the SnowHorn asks you to do late in the game. Access the Dinosaur Horn in the © menus.”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 11
Dinosaur Horn Pad
(DarkIce Mines, SnowHorn Wastes)
- “The Dinosaur Horn works when you stnd on the Dinosaur Horn Pad. A quick blast on the instrument while on the DarkIce Mines Dinosaur Horn Pad brings a friend running to help you though a tricky spot. You'll also encounter Dinosaur Horn Pads in SnowHorn Wastes.”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 9
Fox can only use it on Horn Pads, first to call a SnowHorn to help him through the snowstorm in DarkIce Mines shortly after finding the horn.
After crossing the second bridge, Fox has to make use of Prince Tricky's Find Command to dig a tunnel to the cave. There Fox has to use Tricky's Flame Command to light a fire in each of the four holes located in a structure in the middle of the room, after shooting a target on the wall. There is a one-minute time limit. If the flames are lit in time, the door to the next room opens. If the time limit is exceeded, the already lit flames go out and the whole thing has to be started over. Behind the door, lies the next challenge, the leap of faith, which is told about on a tablet next to the door: "Beyond the leap of faith lies an ancient prize". The leap of faith's idea is, that there is a bottomless pit filling the whole floor of the room, and Fox can only cross it by boldly jumping into the pit. After jumping, a bridge of purplish-pink light appears below Fox, preventing him from falling to the pit. The bridge can then be used to reach the chamber, in which the Dinosaur Horn rests. Fox must again utilize Tricky's Flame Command to melt the ice around the horn, after which it can be collected.
The Dinosaur Horn is used to represent DarkIce Mines during the Test of Knowledge.
- Before the player picks the horn up the P.D.A says it can summon SnowHorn and EarthWalkers. However the horn is never used to summon an EarthWalker. This is possibly a left over element from early development.
- Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Games/Adventure. Platform: Nintendo GameCube,™
|Main Characters||Fox McCloud • Krystal • Prince Tricky • Falco Lombardi • Peppy Hare • Slippy Toad • General Pepper • General Scales • Andross|
|Supporting Characters||ThornTail Tribe • EarthWalker Tribe • CloudRunner Tribe • SnowHorn Tribe • HighTop Tribe • LightFoot Tribe • SharpClaw Tribe • RedEye Tribe • Gradabug • ShopKeeper • MuscleFoot • Krazoa Spirits • Krazoa God|
|Bosses||Galdon • King RedEye • Drakor • General Scales • Andross|
|Enemies||SharpClaw • ShadowHunter • RedEye • EggSnatcher • BribeClaw • Snipluk • Kalda Chom • Brain Squid • PopTop • MushGus • Snaplak • Kooshy • Asteroid • Peeper • Bloop • FireBat • FireCrawler • Sentinel • Sentry • SharpClaw • Spore Pod • Venus Foxtrap|
|Locations||Sauria • Krazoa Palace • ThornTail Hollow • Ice Mountain • SnowHorn Wastes • DarkIce Mines • Volcano Force Point Temple • Moon Mountain Pass • Cape Claw • CloudRunner Fortress • Ocean Force Point Temple • LightFoot Village • Walled City • Dragon Rock|
|Navigation||Plot • Gallery • Videos • Script|
|Star Fox Adventures Items|
|Main Collectables||Scarab • Bomb Spore • FireFly • Blue GrubTub Fungus • MoonSeed • Fuel Cell • Krazoa Spirits • SpellStone • Staff Energy Gem • Bafomdad Holder • Cheat Token|
|Tools||Krystal's Staff • Hi-Def Display Device • Laser Upgrade • Smart Bomb • CloudRunner Flute • Dinosaur Horn • FireFly Lantern • P.D.A • Scarab Bag • Fuel Barrel|
|Health||Supply Ring • PukPuk Eggs • Dumbledang Pods • Bafomdad|
|Special Items||SnowHorn Artifact • Gold Bar • Alpine Root • Bridge Cog • Fire Gem • Fire Weed • Frost Weed • Light Gem • Meteorite • Rock Candy • Sacred RedEye Teeth • Tricky's Ball • White GrubTub Fungus • Wooden Block • Sun and Moon Stones|
|Containers||Container • Item Box • SharpClaw Crate • Basket|
|Keys||Gold Key • Moon Pass Key • SharpClaw Prison Key • Shackle Key • Power Room Key|
|Other||SharpClaw Speeder • SharpClaw Cannon • Rock • Scarab Wells • SpellStone Seal • Fuel Barrel Generator • Scarab Toll|