- “Bulldog unit, don't let anything through!”
- —Bill Grey
The Bulldog Squadron was a famous squadron of fighter pilots in the Cornerian Defense Force during the Lylat Wars.
Katina was home to some of the most elite and prized asset pilots to come out of the Cornerian Flight Academy, where the Bulldog Squadron was put to the test during Andross's invasion, because they had been a thorn in his side for a long time. The squadron, alongside the Husky Squadron, were simultaneously commanded by Bill Grey. The squadron was stationed on the planet Katina when Andross struck, and though their Cornerian Fighters and training gave them superiority over the Venomian Invader II Fighters, sheer numbers threatened to overwhelm them. Because the beleaguered Cornerian Defense Forces were nearly exhausted from holding back wave after wave of enemy fighters, the Bulldog and Husky Squadrons needed the Star Fox Team's help to deal with a gigantic enemy mother ship, having been detected on its way to the planet, after Bill Grey informed Corneria command of the situation. Luckily, the timely arrival of the Star Fox Team gave them the edge and the invasion force was destroyed, saving the planet and the squadron from destruction. The Bulldog Unit, during Star Fox's involvement in the battle, was commanded to prevent any fighters from breaking through.
Katina's Top Guns
- “Katina's Frontline Base is home to some of the best fighter jocks in the Lylat System, including the decorated pilots of the prestigious Bulldog and Husky units. Since veteran pilots are in short supply, these aces are a prized asset to the Cornerian Fleet. General Pepper will be very disappointed if you accidentally shoot one down.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 67
- “Try to shoot down as many enemy ships as you can before the mother ship arrives. Although you won't get points for them, shooting down ships from the Bulldog squadron won't affect your chances of getting a medal. When the mother ship arrives, destroy the hatches but leave the core until the last possible second. Spend as much time as you can destroying enemy fighters. Lock on to enemy targets as much as possible because you can get bonus hits that way. Even though it seems like there are many targets here, this can be a difficult mission to earn a medal in.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
- Bulldog Squadron, alongside Husky Squadron, made a reappearance in Star Fox Zero alongside Bill in the level Sector Beta. Their roles were similar, although they instead defended the Cornerian fleet from the Venomian forces.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Cornerian Army||Bill Grey • Captain Shears • Dash Bowman • Dog Soldiers • General Pepper • James McCloud • Krystal • Peppy Hare|
|Inhabitants||Beltino Toad • Grippy Toad • Vivian Hare • Vixy Reinard • Yaru de Pon|
|Companies||Bulldog Squadron • Cornerian Academy • Cornerian Defense Force • Corneria Precious Metals Ltd. • Free-As-A-Bird • G-Zero Grand Prix • Husky Squadron • Space Dynamics • Star Falco • Star Fox|
|Vehicles||Cornerian Assault Carrier • Cornerian Fighter • II • Cornerian Flagship • Cornerian Fleet • Cornerian Transport • General's flagship • Monkey Arrow • Pleiades-class Cruiser|
|Technology||AegisCam • Radar Sites Re-block • RE:BOT • Self-destruct program • Sentry Bot|
|Bases||Area 3 • Climate control center • Corneria City • Fichina Base • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Orbital Gate|