Bolse's role as seen in the games.
Star Fox 64/3D
Mission No 6. Bolse: Defense Outpost; The Last Hurrah
Type: All-Range Mode
Bolse serves as one of the two possible penultimate levels. It can be approached from Sector Z, Macbeth and Titania. With the exception of Titania, if the previous missions have met with a "Mission Complete", the choice of routes will be cancelled and automatically lead to Bolse.
Boss: Bolse's Core
Boss: Star Wolf (varies)
- Star Wolf will arrive at Bolse if the player did travel through Fichina or arrived from Sector Z, or failed to destroy all the Star Wolf ships in that level or both. If Star Wolf appears for a second time during a full round of gameplay, Fox will groan at facing them for a second time.
Official Site Data
- “Andross's super defense satellite, Bolse, is the last line of defense before Venom. Only a minimal amount of information on this satellite exists. A powerful forcefield protects it from remote scanning and makes the weapons of a large capital ship useless against it. A small strike team of fighters, such as the Star Fox Team, might be able to bring down the forcefield and attack the core. Watch out for the Star Wolf team-- they are sure to be on the prowl this close to Venom. With Bolse out of the way, the path to Venom will be clear.
Intelligence - The strange gravitational field swirls around the station's force field. It will accellerate your ship if you go in one direction, and it will slow you down if you go in the opposite direction. You can use this to your advantage in destroying the forcefield pylons.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Medal Score: 150 hits
- “Destroy all of the energy towers to drop the force field around Bolse's power block. Once down, enemy fighters will pour out of the base. Destroy as many of these as you can before Star Wolf arrives. Once they get there, try to knock them out as quickly as possible, since they will really go after your wingmen. If you defeat them quickly, you can earn up to 10 bonus hit points per Star Wolf team member.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Star Fox 64 3D site
- To get to Venom, play through the level normally.
- Score needed for medal
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Eladard • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Secret Base • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Satellite Defense Platform • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|