A Blocker is a flying, pylon object that teleports into and out of position, created by Andross to defend his home world of Venom.
Blockers are 3D, rectangle shaped blocks, fitted with portable Dimension Transporters used by the Gorgon and even Andross himself. Each end of a Blocker has one flashing light while each side has two. They will teleport into view directly on-screen and fly at high speed head on towards Fox's position and cannot be destroyed, so they are not worth any Hit points. They can be very damaging to the Arwing since the G-Diffusion shields and Barrel Roll will not give any protection, especially in Expert Mode, therefore just avoiding the Blockers by flying low or sharp turning is recommended.
- “Using portable versions of the Dimension Transport System used on the Gorgon satellite, these blocks will pop up out of nowhere and fill up one of the paths to Andross's palace. You'll be able to squeeze between them, but it will be a tight fit, and your G-diffuser generated shields won't protect you if you run into them.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 107
- “The Venom Fighters aren't the only threat here. Blockers are popping up, and two squads of tanks are rolling in from behind!”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 109
Blockers were deployed specifically on the final left route on the plains of Venom to prevent the Star Fox team from reaching Andross's palace, however, the Arwings were able to evade their flight paths and made it to the temple of Golemech.
Super Smash Bros. series
Blockers occasionally appear in the Venom stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee because the stage was based on Venom's appearance in Star Fox 64.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Bioweapons & Wildlife|
|Bosses||Bacoon • Goras • Vulcain • Golemech • Biobrain • Dune Worm • Killer Bee (Star Fox Command) • Grunner • Monarch Dodora • Plasma Hydra|
|Enemy Bioweapons||Gores • Troikas • Z-Gulls • Z-Serpents • Kani|
|Sea Lifeforms||Clam • Aquas Squid • Starfish • Giant Spindly Fish • Angler Fish • Sculpins • Garoas • Todora (Star Fox 64) • Todora (Star Fox Command)|
|Plants||Bomb Spore Plant • Alpine Root • MoonSeed • Bomb Spore • Bomb Spore Planting Patch • Magic Plant • Blue GrubTub Fungus • White GrubTub Fungus • MushGus • Cacti • Dumbledang Tree • Dumbledang Pods • Fire Weed • Spore Pod • Venus Foxtrap|
|Environmental Hazards||Asteroid • Lava Bombs • Solar Prominences • Blocker • Pillars • Stone Column • Monument • Ore • Aquas Ruins|