|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
These enemies resemble larger versions of the real world fish of the same name. The Angler Fish's only method of attack is ramming into its opponents with brute force. The light dangling from their antenna can provide extra light for the player to see making it a rough decision of whether or not to kill it. Angler Fish count as a HIT +3 when defeated.
- “The dreaded Angler Fish light up the abyss with their powerful, glowing appendages. They are tough as nails, and you'll have to nail them with multiple torpedo shots to black them out.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 85
- “Shortly after the Checkpoint, an Angler fish will appear from the left side of the trench. Hit it quickly and repeatedly with torpedo shots. The big fish turns red when you make a direct hit. Two torpedo shots and several last blasts will finish it off and leave you with a silver Supply Ring as a reward. A second Angler will leave a shield ring.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 88
- “Shoot, fire torpedoes and barrel roll simultaneously for best results in the seas of Aquas. To make sure you destroy as many enemies as possible, use the brake to hold back and get them all! The underwater canyon just before the final lieutenant is a particularly target rich environment full of shrimp mutants and starfish. Be sure to destroy the huge barnacles on top of Bacoon's shell as these are worth 12 hit points.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Normally the Aquas ocean teems with life but the predations of Andross's forces have done severe damage to the planet's ecosystem. Andross had been using bio-engineering techniques to mutate the sea creatures of Aquas into deadly weapons, ensuring that each mindless bio-tech drone has been conditioned to think only one thought, destroy Star Fox or be destroyed. During the Lylat Wars, giant Angler Fish were encountered by the Blue-Marine, despite their durability they were destroyed and added to the Star Fox Team's service receipt.
- The Angler Fish are not to be confused with anything of the Anglar army or the Anglar Emperor who are a bio-engineered race from Venom.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Bioweapons & Wildlife|
|Bosses||Bacoon • Goras • Vulcain • Golemech • Biobrain • Dune Worm • Killer Bee (Star Fox Command) • Grunner • Monarch Dodora • Plasma Hydra|
|Enemy Bioweapons||Gores • Troikas • Z-Gulls • Z-Serpents • Kani|
|Sea Lifeforms||Clam • Aquas Squid • Starfish • Giant Spindly Fish • Angler Fish • Sculpins • Garoas • Todora (Star Fox 64) • Todora (Star Fox Command)|
|Plants||Bomb Spore Plant • Alpine Root • MoonSeed • Bomb Spore • Bomb Spore Planting Patch • Magic Plant • Blue GrubTub Fungus • White GrubTub Fungus • MushGus • Cacti • Dumbledang Tree • Dumbledang Pods • Fire Weed • Spore Pod • Venus Foxtrap|
|Environmental Hazards||Asteroid • Lava Bombs • Solar Prominences • Blocker • Pillars • Stone Column • Monument • Ore • Aquas Ruins|